Staff Engineer/Geologist- Southern New England
Description of Job Opening
Wilcox & Barton, Inc. is looking for entry-level engineers/geologists to support our environmental team in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut! Ideal candidates will have 0-3 years of experience.
Wilcox & Barton, Inc. currently manages more than 100 contaminated sites in southern New England with a very broad range of complexity and interesting challenges. You will work many diverse projects and sites here. As a Staff Engineer/Geologist, you will spend approximately 80% of time in the field and 20% in the office.
Staff Engineers/Geologists will:
- Perform site inspections, review municipal, state, and federal records, and research environmental databases.
- Collect environmental samples (soil, groundwater, soil vapor, air, etc.).
- Oversee drilling activities, directing the advancement of soil borings and installation of monitoring wells.
- Oversee excavation and tank removal contractors.
- Implement remedial actions at contaminated sites.
- Create laboratory data tables, site figures, and photographic logs.
- Conduct an initial review of data collected and draft reports to support environmental decision making.
Wilcox & Barton, Inc. supports a work from home/anywhere business model and has been doing so for more than 20 years. We offer full benefits, a large variety of project work, flexibility, and a great team of coworkers and leaders.
Skills: We seek intelligent, proactive, energetic, and dynamic self‑starters with great communication skills and a comprehensive knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel. Organization and attention to detail are also required. Experience with GIS and/or AutoCAD is a plus.
Southern New England
Required Work Experience
Education/Experience: We are building a strong and diversified team with varying levels of experience. We will consider all applicants with a BS or MS in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Geology, Hydrogeology, or Earth Science.
Applying for the Job
Send resume to Bill Wilcox